Saturday, August 09, 2008

Get your Henry fix

Now that everyone had a chance to meet Henry in Utah, I'm sure you are all going through withdrawals. I thought I'd post some pictures to help you get by.

First off, the other day Kim and I were looking at some of Megan's baby pictures, and it was pretty clear that our kids are siblings.



Here's a bunch of random Henry pictures.


He's always a little surprised by the camera.



He likes playing with mom and working on his exercises.


Like his old man, Henry is always most content when he's relaxing.




Kim likes to put things on his head.


He doesn't seem to think it's as funny as she does. edit: Kim claims that it's Megan putting things on his head, but I don't think Megan bought him that hat.


He loves to be naked.




And by the way, despite getting the new bedding to replace the perfectly good bedding that Kim made for Megan -- and despite the scoffing sounds when I mentioned that he could just sleep in a drawer -- Henry sleeps in this little box downstairs and Kim sleeps right next to him, like a vigilant mother hawk. Which I suppose is OK, since the doctor informed us yesterday that he has pneumonia. Sigh, just when I thought she might join me upstairs again.


7 comments:

Alisha said...

You sure can tell that they are siblings. I still think sometimes that my kids and your kids should look more alike seeing how Kim and I are sisters but then I remember that they are only cousins and not identical cousins (start singing Kim). Hopefully Henry will recover soon from his little sickness.

Danica said...

Oh he's so darn cute. I'm sorry to hear he has pneumonia. I hope he gets better real soon...and I hope for even more pictures soon!

Lonna said...

I see how it is Mike, you make Kim take the couch huh.
He is such a sweet boy, I love that he likes to hang out in his diaper, what baby doesn't like to be a little naked.

He and Megan sure do look like they belong in the same family. I love how they can look so similar, and yet different too.

I hope that he gets better soon, then maybe you can get a break from the medical surprises. I love how he is still so little, compared to Harrison I bet that even Megan would look small.

The pictures are so great, I think it is so funny how they sleep with their hands up, all stretched out. So cute.

The Obergs said...

I'm interested to know how you got y our pictures to load side-by-side like that....

Mike you're so in tune, because I am having Henry withdraws... I miss his sweet little voice and kissing those cute cheeks.

I laugh at the box that Henry's sleeping in because the other day Taylor and I were having a conversation about how we simply can't have a child because we have no room in our apartment. So I began brain storming thinking of ways we could fit a crib and a changing table, etc. into one of our tiny upstairs room when Taylor looked at me with astonishment asking why on earth we would need a changing table when we could just change our baby on the floor... He thought I was trying to be all fancy. Later he mentioned that we could just have a real nice box instead of a crib. I know it sounds like he would be kidding... but I assure you he was dead serious.

shauni said...

I didn't realize how much Megan and Henry look alike until I saw this side by side comparison. They are both so cute. I'm so glad we got to meet Henry this Summer, he is such a sweet little boy. Sorry to hear that Henry is sick, Colby is voting that you move the "box" upstairs to your bedroom. Maybe when he recovers!

Kelly said...

Henry is so precious. I wish I could hold him! Get well soon, Henry.

Neil said...

I love the pictures, poor little guy has pneumonia... hope he gets better quick!